Sunday, May 22, 2016

Post IFJM 2016

I had put my book on the shelf and thought I was finished. But it kept nagging at me.  I had so many unfinished pages and I really like my Gelli Plate prints on each page, so yesterday and today I open the book and began working again. No finished work but I stamped 19 more of my hand carved rubber stamps on pieces of vellum; taped out and gessoed 2 squares on 2 pages; collaged paper from cardboard coasters and bags on three pages. Probably not the easies method since I still have to paint on the remaining spreads but this does mean I can throw out all the used and unused hand carved rubber stamps and the bag of extra stuff I was saving to use in the book. Now I just have to get out my gouache and paint. I plan on keeping the same theme which means painting items from my house. The great thing about that is the weather or time of day does not impact my ability to work on the journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2018 Wrap Up

I didn't plan ahead this year, I just jumped right into my journal. My only goal was to use material I had on hand. I used an old Dylusi...